Healthy Texas Women
Healthy Texas Women provides a wide variety of women’s health and core family planning services, including:
- Pregnancy testing
- Pelvic examinations
- Sexually transmitted infection services
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
- Clinical breast examination
- Screening and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure
- HIV screening
- Long-acting reversible contraceptives
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Permanent sterilization
- Other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections
- Screening and treatment for postpartum depression
This program pays only for the services listed above. If a health problem such as cancer is found, you will be referred to a doctor or clinic that can treat you. If you are pregnant, you will be referred to a program such as Medicaid for Pregnant Women. You might have to pay for those extra services.
If you are currently enrolled in Medicaid for Pregnant Women, you may be automatically enrolled in the Healthy Texas Women program when your coverage ends. If you are eligible, you will receive a letter from Texas Health and Human Services confirming you have been enrolled in the Healthy Texas Women program. If you have questions about your enrollment, call 2-1-1 or visit YourTexasBenefits.com, where you can manage your account.