HTW: Who can Apply?
You can receive these benefits if you:
- Are a woman between the ages of 18 to 44 years old.
- A woman is considered 18 years of age on the day of her 18th birthday and 44 years of age through the last day of the month of her 45th birthday.
- Are a woman between the ages of 15 to 17 years old and have a parent or legal guardian apply, renew, and report changes to your case on your behalf.
- A woman is considered 15 years of age the first day of the month of her 15th birthday and 17 years of age through the day before her 18th birthday.
- Are a U.S. citizen or a qualified immigrant.
- Are a resident of Texas.
- Don’t have health insurance.
- Are not pregnant.
- Meet the following income requirements:
|Family Size, Including Yourself||Monthly Maximum Family Income (204.2% Federal Poverty Level)
(Effective 03/01/2022 – 02/28/2023)
For households with more than 7 people, add $804 monthly for each additional person.
Women who meet the above criteria and who have been pregnant in the past year will be eligible for Healthy Texas Women Plus services.
Find an HTW Doctor
*To learn more about mental health services covered in HTW or HTW Plus, please visit the HTW Benefits page.